Mango Panna Cotta
- 4 medium mangos peeled and pitted
- 1 cup mango juice
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin or agar agar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp powdered gelatin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream see notes
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup diced mango optional
- 1/4 cup raspberries optional
- Add mango flesh to a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add mango juice and sprinkle gelatin on top. Wait 5 minutes for gelatin to soften and then mix. Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir again.
- Set stemless wine glasses or tumblers on an angle in a muffin tin. If the glasses slide, place a small towel underneath to help stabilize.
- Mix together the mango puree and mango juice mixture. Pour into glasses to a half inch below the rim. Chill in position at least 2 hours to set.
- In a medium sized saucepan, add milk and powdered gelatin and wait 10 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium, add sugar and stir several minutes to dissolve.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the cream, vanilla and salt.
- Once at room temperature, pour into the glasses enough to cover mango. Chill for 1-2 hours until set.
- Top with optional raspberries and diced mango. Serve and enjoy!