Mango Chicken Lettuce Wraps
For the mango chicken :
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, trimmed
- 11/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 large ripe mango, cut into 1-in. chunks
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/2 of a red onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
For the wraps :
- Bibb or romaine lettuce for wraps
- 1 cup of carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced and cut into ~3 inch pieces
Optional for topping : cilantro, extra slices of fresh (uncooked) mango, lime juice.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add in the chicken and top with the turmeric, garlic powder, and cayenne. Cook until the chicken is done on the outside and just beginning to brown (it doesn’t need to be cooked all the way through just yet). This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add in the mango chunks, onion, and lime juice and stir together. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness (165 degrees F).
- When done, take the chicken off of the heat and set aside. Once cooled, cut the chicken into slices.
- To assemble the wraps, top your lettuce wraps with the carrots and zucchini and then top with the mango chicken mixture.
Optional : top with a bit of cilantro, extra mango, and lime juice. ENJOY!